We are in the fourth week of the spring semester and the due date report shows that all of our apprentices are on track. Our Area Coordinator gave Local 17 kudos for being up to date on unit exams, OJL reporting and approval from the companies.
All unit exams for the Spring semester need to be completed by Friday May 14, 2021 at 11:59pm and Final exams will be made available starting Monday May !7, 2021. Further final exam instructions will follow
A reminder to the apprentices that they need to stay on top of their OJL hours and have them entered before the 10th of the month. NEIEP has reactivated the cutoff system. You must have January’s hours entered by February 10. Moving forward, all OJL hours must be recorded by the 10th of the month.
We have seven apprentices that are mechanic test eligible, Rick Myers is helping them review and five of the seven have signed up for the CE025 review course that gives them access to both Monday with Jerry and Wednesday with Tim mentoring sessions. I strongly encourage the other two to take advantage of this.
We have three instructors (Rick Myers, John Taylor and Jerry Reitz) taking part in a remote OSHA 502 renewal workshop and I was told that this could be offered to our other instructors in the near future.
l’m sure we are all aware that the St Patricks Day Parade has been cancelled, the parade is funded by donations in part by buying the Shamrock pins. The parade committee is offering pins this year to help sponsor future parades.
The International made the announcement that the Convention will be held virtually this year. That being said we can begin sending in resolutions. Resolutions have to be submitted by May 3, 2021. If you have a resolution in mind of something you would like changed or added to our CBA, put it in writing and email it to JEDriscoll@iueclocal17.org or drop it off at the hall at 3250 Euclid Avenue.
The Local 17 By-Law committee will go over all resolutions and combine any that are on the same topic and review all others to make sure we understand your message and possibly help with some rewording if necessary.
Schindler’s annuity issue should have been corrected by this weeks pay stub. All Schindler employees make sure to check your stubs.
I also sent an email out about 401(k) contributions at Schindler, I spoke to one member and was told that some how his contribution rate was changed, double check that and let me know if you see any issues.
The 14 day COVID Quarantine weekly income is available until May 31, 2021. And you are able to use it more than once if needed.
We will leave the decision up to the Executive Board on whether to have in person union meetings.
- DJ Spring and Deven Shields doing a mod at Western Reserve for Otis
- Craig Nolty and Dan Koprowski at Lubrizol installing a 4 stop for Otis
- Jim Thompson and Jack Finucan at the Carlyle in Lakewood doing a mod for Otis
- John Logue and Pat Pollock at Fairview Village Apartments doing a mod for Otis
- Matt Pinchot is working in Akron at AMHA doing a mod for Otis
- Ken Bowles is working in Akron at AMHA doing a mod for Otis
- Jerry Szmerekovsy and Pat Kelly at Asia Plaza doing a one car mod for Otis
- Bob Meyer, Dion Yatsko, Matt Ramser, Ernie Rodriguez and four Houston mechanics installing 14 cars at Metro Hospital for Schindler
- Felix DeJesus and Jason Mays doing a mod at Terrace Towers for Schindler
- Matt Carlton and Rob Timko doing a three car mod at CSU for Schindler
- Chris Cook and Mike Ross installing UV lights on 12 escalators at the Justice Center for Schindler
- Pat McCann and Ric Supinski doing a door mod at UH for Schindler
- Matt Weingart, Lucas Janke, Shawn Yatsko and Brandon Light at Skylight Office Tower doing a mod for Schindler
- Ryan Todd and Brian Seither doing a four-car mod at Winton Place for Schindler
- Joe Simcic and Jay Schaefer at Brooks Brothers installing one car for Schindler
- Dave Gnagy and Joel Reyes in North Olmsted installing three cars for Schindler
- Don Yoho and Andrea Rodriguez installing one 3300 at Nikolai Apartments for Schindler
- John Patton and Jean LaFontaine doing QEI testing at the Federal Building for Kone
- Brendan Hyland and Russell Barrows doing a door mod at the Cleveland Public Library for Kone
- Todd Ross and Morgan Armstrong installing one 5-stop at Cedar Road Parking Garage for KONE
- Anthony Metcalf and Sean Canning doing a mod at Our House in Westlake for Thyssen
- Bill Dudas and Andrew Daniels doing a mod at CMHA Wilson Towers for Thyssen
- Tim Narowitz and Dave Ford at CMHA Stokes doing a 2-car mod for Thyssen
- Jason Frederick and Jason Saunders doing a mod at Orangewood Place for Thyssen
- Chris Scholle and Brian Owens installing one car at Electric Gardens Apartments for Thyssen
- Kevin Thomas and Sebastian Ricco installing a car at U.H. Avon for Thyssen
- Scott Hicks and Nick Myer at Hilliard Building doing a one-car mod for Gable
- Marc Carollo and John Smith at J & M Advisors doing a mod for Gable
- Jim Ehrbar and Wing Lui doing a mod at 5565 Erieview for Gable
- Mitch Klemp and Kyle Loza at the Cleveland Port Authority doing a one-car mod for Gable
ACCIDENTS SICKNESS and DEATH
We continue to have members off with Covid or quarantined due to Covid exposure
MEMBERS OUT of WORK
EMPLOYERS NEEDING HELP
None at this time
GOOD OF THE ORDER
I will send out emails regarding union meeting status